Monday, July 30, 2007

Events, commissions and other music-tidbits

I received a very exciting email a short while back from my long-time and much loved piano teacher, Arlene Gray. It appears that the N.D. Music Teachers Association has selected and commissioned me to compose an original work for their June 2008 conference. The work will be performed at the Bismarck State College, June 2008. Corinne Nustad, NDMTA President contacted me and confirmed their selection. It will be a great honor to compose a work for the NDMTA and be able to share some new music with a good number of my music mentors as so many are still in the Bismarck/BSC community.

In addition to the NDMTA commission, I am currently working on a new work for 'The Apollo Trio' The composition will be for oboe, clarinet and bassoon. The premiere will be held at their October concert. Dates and times TBA.

I recently completed the reorchestrations of selections of 'The Call of Cthulhu' filmscore I composed in the Fall of 2005. The Bismarck-Mandan Symphony Orchestra will be performing selections from the score at the Belle Mehus Auditorium, Sept. 29, 2007, Bismarck, N.D. This concert is the 2007 season opener, 'Cinema Series Concert' other works performed will be selections from 'Maginificent Seven', 'James Bond', 'Star Trek' and others. Reserve your tickets by calling 701-258-8345.

No comments: