Saturday, January 19, 2008

Studio Upgrade & Film Scoring Update

Well, I have officially taken a huge step closer to the 'darkside' that is Mac.  I purchased a MacBook Pro 17' and am now running Digital Performer 5.12.  This will be a nice addition to the PC setup I currently run (Sonar Pro 5).  Instrument and sound libraries will include the same libraries I have been using (East West, Native Instruments, etc.). bul will soon include the MOTU Symphonic plugins soon as well.

With the new MacBook Pro, I'm finding it to be a very intuitive OS (Leopard).  I've been exploring 'widgets' and am actually typing this blog entry using a handy little blogger widget.  Grreat stuff!  

'In Search of Lovecraft' is in full swing - scoring is going well as I continue to work with Todd Hartman and David Hohl.  The score, so far, can be described as a combination of organic instrumentation and electronic sounds - certainly stuff to send a chill up the spine.  Check back for more updates and clips soon.

1 comment:

Darren Nelsen said...

I think you've got it backwards - PC is the 'darkside', Mac is the 'lightside'. :)

Anyway, congrats on the upgrade and good luck with "In Search of Lovecraft". I look forward to hearing the clips.